Winter warmer - Hot food for school Lunch box June 21, 2015 08:00
Pack hot food for your kids this winter using an insulated Thermal. We use LunchBots insulated Thermal and we are loving it. This amazing product able to keep food hot for 5 hours. When I pick my kids up from school. The lunch is still warm.
Tips for how to use the insulated thermal:
1) Fill up the thermal with boiling hot water and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
2) Empty water and fill the thermal with your hot food and secure the lid tight. 3) Place it in an insulated lunch bag and send it to school. I am using So Young insulated lunch bag which fit it perfectly and still have plenty of room available. I usually will include the utensil, fruits and water bottle.
Here is some hot food idea :
- Fried rice
- Fried noodle
- Chicken nuggets
- Chicken carbonara
- Dim Sam
Fried Rice by Epicurious
Fried Rice is always a big hit in our house.– This is really easy and simple, you can use up any vegetables in your fridge. It goes really well with prawn or chicken combo. Here is a simple fried rice recipe that I would like to share. Enjoy your winter with hot food on the go. Epicurious Teriyaki Fried Rice.
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1/2 cup cooked shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1. In a medium skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the eggs and scramble until just cooked. Add the green onions, cooked rice, edamame, and teriyaki sauce, and cook, stirring often, until everything is warmed through, about 2 minutes.
2. Divide the fried rice between two or three thermoses.
make-ahead notes:Can be made a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator. In the morning before school, warm up and pack into the them.
Meetballs by NomNom Paleo
A hearty warm lunch by NomNom Paleo. We love this very much.
Shred your zucchini into noodle-like, cook it and go with the meetballs , top with your favourite pasta sauce.
VIsit Nom Nom Paleo for full recipe.
Enjoy and happy bento making.