Use and care instructions for OmieBox
To use the Vacuum Insulated Container with OmieBox:
- To begin, tighten the securing insert around the vacuum insulated container by turning it in a clockwise direction.
- For best results, fill the vacuum insulated container with hot or cold water before use. Let stand with the lid off for 5-10 minutes and then empty. We recommend you do this step before putting the vacuum insulated container and its securing insert inside OmieBox, as it will be easier to pour out the hot/cold water. Use extreme caution when using hot water.
- Make sure the rounded corner of the securing insert is aligned with the large rounded corner of the OmieBox.
- Push the assembly all the way down so the bottom of the vacuum insulated container touches the bottom of the OmieBox.
- Do not fill above the inner ridge of the vacuum insulated container; overfilling can cause leakage.
- To seal, place the vacuum insulated container lid on top of the vacuum insulated container / securing insert assembly. Turn the lid in a clockwise direction to tighten. Do not over tighten.
- Make sure the vacuum insulated container lid is securely tightened and the opening lever folded down before closing the OmieBox lid.
- To take off the vacuum insulated container lid, flip up the opening lever and twist in a counter-clockwise direction.
To remove the Vacuum Insulated Container from OmieBox
- First make sure the vacuum insulated container lid is firmly screwed into the vacuum insulated container / securing insert assembly.
- Flip up the opening lever. Holding OmieBox down with your free hand, pull straight up on the opening lever to remove the vacuum insulated container / securing insert assembly.
To use the Lid Seal:
- To get the best seal, push down on the sides of the OmieBox lid with the palm of your hand after you secure the latch.
- The lid seal is removable for cleaning. Use warm soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly.
- To replace the lid seal: align the lid seal with the OmieBox and push down until the ledge is flush with the perimeter of the lid.
- Make sure the lid seal folds over the inner walls of the lid.
- The square compartment is not leak-proof. Please use vacuum insulated container if you would like to store wet foods in the square compartment.
To use OMIEBOX
- The divider can be used in both the long and short compartments. When placing the divider inside OmieBox, make sure the straight edge of the divider is aligned with the straight edge of the compartment. The divider should only be used to partition foods. Sub-compartments created by the divider are not leak-proof.
- Do not overfill OmieBox. Leave enough room to close lid.
- After closing lid, push down on the latch so that it locks securely into place.
- Clean OmieBox before first use and after every use.
- For retaining maximum vacuum insulation results, we recommend hand washing the vacuum insulated container.
- DO NOT use abrasive cleaners, scrubbers, bleach, or cleaners containing chlorine on any part of the product.
- OmieBox is top rack dishwasher safe but we recommend hand washing or removing before the heat dry cycle.
- OmieBox has a hinged lid which is not removable.
- DO NOT use OmieBox or any of its components in the microwave, on stove top, in any type of oven or on any heat source.
- DO NOT place OmieBox or any of its components in the freezer.
- OmieBox and its components are intended for children over 3 years of age. Use only with adult supervision.
- Use extreme caution when OmieBox or its components contain hot foods or liquids. Hot foods and liquids can scald user.
- Always test food temperature first before feeding child.
- Do not keep perishable foods in OmieBox or its components for prolonged periods. Follow safe food storage guidelines.
- OmieBox can hold wet foods but not liquids. Do not pack soups, drinks, or watery sauces in the side compartments. Please remove any excess liquid from canned fruit, apple sauce and yogurts. Liquids should be packed in the vacuum insulated container ONLY.