Recipe from Planning With Kids
- 3 cups cooked jasmin rice (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 chicken breast
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large carrot
- 3 spring onions stalks
- 1⅓ cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200° Celsius.
- Slice chicken breast in half width ways, so it will cook through quicker.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan and cook chicken breast until it begins to brown.
- Remove from pan and shred chicken using a fork and set aside.
- Grate carrot so you have at least 1 cup.
- Finely slice spring onions.
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- In a large bowl add cooked rice, chicken, carrot, spring onions, eggs and about ¾s of the cheese and mix well.
- Spray muffin trays with cooking spray and then spoon mixture into the trays. Top with remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes until the tops turn golden brown.
- Let them sit in the trays for a few minutes before removing to rack to cool. Use a knife to work around the edges of the rice patties to make removing them easier. This recipe made 12 Chicken and Rice Patties.